Also included in
- As requested, I have bundled 6 of my most popular SOCIAL LANGUAGE resources! The included resources cover a variety of topics related to pragmatic language, including maintaining and balancing a conversation, identifying and using sarcasm, reading body language, responding to the emotions of others$36.00$44.00Save $8.00
This mini-unit is designed to help teach students (upper elementary through high school) how to maintain a balanced conversation in which both people talk approximately the same amount. This is great for students that talk too much or not enough in a conversation.
- An 8-page lesson explaining what a balanced conversation is, why it's important, how it makes people feel when a conversation is/isn't balanced, how to determine if you're talking too much or too little and what to do about it, and what exceptions there are
- 5 pages of practice identifying if a conversation is or is not balanced and how the people in the scenario feel because of this
- 10 pages of practice determining what would be an appropriate response to a person to keep the conversation balanced
- A one-page visual to keep handy and use when working on the skill in a less structured conversation
- A one-page review with fill-in-the-blank questions (great for homework or review the next session!)
Each of the above pages comes in color as well as a black/white version for printing, if desired.
For more social language activities, see: