Also included in
- This art history workbook introduces students to the artists Pablo Picasso, Roy Lichtenstein, Georgia O'Keeffe, Wassily Kandinsky and Keith Haring. Students learn about the artist through an artist bio, video resources, coloring sheets and art analysis. Then they complete a project in the style of tPrice $20.00Original Price $30.00Save $10.00
This packet includes a biography sheet, poster, teacher instructions, coloring sheets, reflection sheets and 2 projects in the style of Keith Haring. Students color sheets using similar colors and patterns as Haring and answer questions about the social issues that Haring was trying to convey. Students also learn to draw in the style of Haring with a guided drawing sheet. Finally students apply this knowledge to create their own art based on a social concern of their own.
★ If your school allows access to Google Sites, learn about the condensed online version of the resource here: Keith Haring Distance Learning Website ★
- Keith Haring Mural Poster (8” x 10”)
- Teacher instruction sheet
- More resources sheet with links to a video, artwork and website on artist with activities
- What is art based on social issues worksheet/discussion sheet.
- 3 coloring sheets on Haring
- 2 coloring sheets with reflection questions
- Guided drawing sheet on how to draw figures like Keith Haring
- Practice figure drawing sheet
- Social art lesson assignment sheet with suggestions
- Social art lesson assignment sheet without suggestions
- Planning worksheet for final project
- Worksheet for final project
- Project Reflection Worksheet
Example of artwork with answers to worksheet
Ways to use in the classroom:
As an introduction to a famous artist and their work.
Worksheets culminate with student creating their own pointillism artwork.
To support other drawing skills such as:
contour lines, shading in color and color theory
As early finisher work or as a quick art substitute lesson.
TpT EASEL: Use TpT Easel to easily print or digitally assign individual pages to students.
Note: There are options on how to give students color reference other than to print these sheets in color. You can project the example using a document camera or have students look up artwork on a chrome book or smartphone, for example.
Save money by purchasing the bundle here:
More individual artists no prep art history series here:
I love seeing student artwork! Share yours with me!
ALL TEN ARTISTS ARE COMPILED INTO ONE ART HISTORY STUDENT WORKBOOK HERE:
No Prep Art History; Social Issues in Art; Advocacy through Art; Social Change; Classroom Art Lessons, Substitute Art Lessons, Art for Early Finishers, Interactive Coloring Sheets, Homeschool Art Lessons, Art History based lessons, Art Movements, Art History lessons, Pop Art, Keith Haring Activities, No Prep Art History Lessons.
©2017 A Space to Create
Not intended for resale or sharing online without permission.