Students will learn about the politically-inspired work of the artist Keith Haring, then they will create their own poster based on a social issue of their choice. A great way to integrate social studies into the art curriculum!
Included in this lesson packet:
- Complete lesson instructions.
- Link to a reading article.
- Link to a video on Keith Haring.
- List of social issues for students to choose from - topics are appropriate for middle school and above.
- A drawing packet that instructs students on how to draw a figure in the style of Keith Haring, symbols commonly found in Keith Haring's work, and patterns commonly found in Keith Haring's work.
- A poster checklist so that students can check their work.
- A short writing prompt so that students can describe their social issue.
- Grading rubric.