Kentucky History is a State-Aligned Unit that uses Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of higher and lower level activities and SEVENTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to teach students about Native Americans in Kentucky, Kentucky's Early Explorers, the American Revolution, Statehood, the Civil War, Kentucky's Government, and so much more!
Kentucky History includes NINE COMPLETE lessons. For about $2.75 per lesson, we've packed this unit with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Kentucky's History:
• Questions after each Kentucky lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues~great for ELL Students
• Creative, Expository, Persuasive Writing (Pre-Writing Questions & KWLH Charts included!)
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Mystery Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will then use the Kentucky History Content to complete SEVENTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments:
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• ONE Native American Flip Book (Kentucky's First People)
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO Interactive Time Lines (Kentucky's Explorers and the War of 1812)
• THREE Vocabulary Foldables
• ONE Four-Fold Organizer (The French and Indian War)
• ONE Famous Person Cube (Daniel Boone)
• TWO Cause and Effect Organizers (The American Revolution)
• ONE Interactive Pioneer Journal (Kentucky Statehood)
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps Organizers
• ONE Venn Diagram Organizer (The Civil War)
Kentucky's First People
The French and Indian War
The Proclamation Line
The American Revolution
The War of 1812
The Civil War
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Kentucky Writing activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the Kentucky History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER SOUTHEAST REGION RESOURCES:
SOUTHEAST INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE~12 COMPLETE LESSONS + AUDIO
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING KENTUCKY HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2016-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.