Students are thankful at the end of the year when they understand the chronology of some major events in US History, see the relationships between the events and talk in a more informed manner about our past.
Included in this unit are:
- sixteen key dates in US History ranging from the Declaration of Independence to the invasion of Iraq. One to three sentence summaries of each event.
- a make and take activity in which students create quizzes, trade, then grade the quizzes
- five numbered quizzes that become more and more challenging - matching and fill in the blank
- answer keys for each quiz
- messages at the bottom of each quiz informing students of what the next quiz will be like
Eras and Events are:
Declaration of Independence is signed
Constitution is ratified
War of 1812
Persian Gulf War (aka Desert Storm)
War in Afghanistan
Invasion of Iraq