This ENGAGING reading lesson plan combines elements of reading, writing, collaboration, and presentation all into one activity! This is the perfect way to help students learn how to find details about characters, events, and settings within a piece of literature. This lesson plan was based off of the CCSS for RL.4.3 and RL.3.3, but can be adjusted to use with any grade level and text.
HOW TO USE THIS PRODUCT:
* Read through and follow the attached, detailed lesson plan.
* Use the attached example to place your students into groups.
* Make copies of the student "Story Details" worksheet.
* Select 3 short stories to read to your students.
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES:
* A detailed lesson plan, including the standard, attention-getter, pre-assessment, model/example, practice together, rubric/examples, independent practice, and a final assessment/project.
* A student worksheet for recording story details, including the setting, characters, and events.
If you have any questions or need help using this product, please contact me
Copyright (C) 2017 Project Passionate Teaching
All Rights Reserved by Author.
Permission to copy for personal, single teacher use.
Please direct others to my TpT page to download.