Students with language impairments are at high risk for falling behind their peers with their vocabulary development. If students do not have a solid understanding of essential terms they will be unable to understand the topic in more depth. Key English Terms: Supporting adolescents with language impairments helps to break down language barriers to help students learn important poetry vocabulary! Research shows that students with language impairments benefit more from descriptions of word meanings in everyday, familiar language than standard definitions.
- Clear accessible explanations accompanied by visuals for all key terms
- Fun & engaging carryover activities for different levels of ability
- Large, clear font with increased spacing between letters
- Colour-coded syllables
- Information about how language impairments impact students in the high school environment
- General instructions for using resources
- Important things to remember chart
- Pre-topic vocabulary knowledge chart
- Post-topic vocabulary knowledge chart
- Key terms with visuals
- Key terms student handout
- Crossword challenge
- Match key terms to their meanings
- Game: Poetic Licence!