This Common Core Teacher Cheat Sheet is a great visual to help teachers, students, and parents know the content of the Key Ideas and Details Standards in the Common Core Standards and Florida Standards. This document breaks down each standards into key skills that must be mastered by students at the Middle School level.
* Teacher independent study of the Common Core or Florida Standards.
* Professional Learning Communities or teams of teachers working on planning instruction that targets the Key Ideas and Details category.
* Present to parents or send home to families to support instruction.
* Use as a handout for your students. They can check off the skills as they master them!
* Use as an anchor chart that can be referred to throughout the year!
Standards included in the Key Ideas and Details Category:
Key Ideas and Details:
Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
Analyze how and why individuals, events, or ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.