This awesome pack contains double-sided colour flashcards for the 290 words recommended in the National Curriculum English Programmes of Study for the first year of KS1 English. The cards are categorised by the specific spelling target, such as a particular vowel digraph or trigraph (e.g. 'ck as in back'). Compound words and common exceptions are also included.
The front of each card is a high-quality image representing the word. There are 5 variations for the rear side:
1) a card with the word in lower-case.
2) a card the word in lower-case, upper-case, pre-cursive, and cursive.
3) a card showing the word, a 'sounds like' spelling, the International Phonetic Alphabet spelling, a selection of rhyming words, and the image.
4) a card as per 3) but without an image
5) a card showing the image and the word in lower-case.
The cards are provided in two different formats:
1) 2 cards per page
2) 6 cards per page
Both black and grey text versions of the pdfs are included.
* This download is a zip file including pdfs. You will need zip extraction software, a pdf reader, and a printer to use it.
This pack accompanies (but doesn't require!) the KS1 Year 1 English Spelling Worksheet Pack.
ck as in back, zz as in buzz, ss as in miss, ff as in off, ll as in well, ba as in bank, tch as in catch, ve as in give, es as in catches, s as in cats, er as in jumper, ed as in jumped, ed as in hunted, ed as in buzzed, ing as in buzzing, er as in grander, est as in quickest, ai as in paid, oi as in coin, ay as in play, oy as in boy, a_e as in came, e_e as in these, i_e as in five, o_e as in woke, u_e as in June, ar as in car, ee as in tree, ea as in sea, ea as in head, er as in her, er as in sister, ir as in bird, ur as in turn, oo as in food, oo as in book, oa as in boat, oe as in toe, ou as in out, ow as in now, ow as in show, ue as in blue, ew as in few, ie as in pie, ie as in field, igh as in high, or as in for, ore as in more, aw as in saw, au as in dinosaur, air as in hair, ear as in hear, ear as in bear, are as in bare, y as in party, ph as in dolphin, wh as in when, k as in kit, un as in undo, compound words, common exceptions.
And finally... if you like it, please rate it!