Solving story problems can be a tricky thing for students. Use these activities to practice identifying key words that can help students figure out which operation to do. This can be useful for students who can only add and subtract single-digit problems, students who can do double-digit problems and students who have experience with all 4 operations. The following are included in this file:
- a helpful table of contents
- explanations for creation of foldables and activities
- items needed to create a tent to practice differentiating between key words in story problems for adding and subtracting
- items needed to create a cube to practice differentiating between key words in story problems for all operations
- answer record sheets and story problems to practice solving problems using key words. Story problems are provided for 3 different levels:
* single-digit addition and subtraction
* double-digit addition and subtraction
* all operations
- answer keys for tent, cube and all story problems
You might also like:
Read, Write, & More - Numbers to 1000
Number of the Day - Many for all seasons!
What Time is It? Games, Activities and More to Practice Telling Time
Show Me the Money! Money Games and More!
Addition and Subtraction (with regrouping) Fun!
Place Value Activities
For all of these amazing products bundled for a deal check this out:
Mrs. York's Second Grade Math Bundle