Word Wall Quick Notes
Ten black-line masters that are printed double sided. Each word wall contains a list of high frequency words as well as a quick reference guide to the context in which these word forms can be used. We recommend printing class sets on colored card stock and hole punching to create complete sets on rings. We also recommend that every student receive their own copy of the action verb, noun, and adjectives word walls.
Word wall quick notes are a key component of the Keys To Grammar instructional program which was developed and refined over the last twenty-five years by a group of classroom reading teachers. This instructional approach enables teachers to efficiently and effectively provide the type of differentiated instruction needed to ensure that all students demonstrate significant growth in both reading and writing.
Keys To Grammar
A Comprehensive and Sequential approach to teaching the various forms and arrangements of words.
This program was originally designed for special education students who were functioning below the sixth grade level in grammar and usage. They have since proven equally effective with English language learners and regular education students.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM MATERIALS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
note: All materials are in black-line master form
* Teacher Manipulatives (large) Parts of Speech Strips for the teacher to use during whole class instruction. Magnetic strips can be attached to allow for use on dry erase boards.
* Teacher Manipulatves (small): Parts of Speech Strips for the teacher to use during small group instruction. Magnetic strips can be attached to allow for use on dry erase boards.
* Teacher's Guide: Provides detailed directions for direct instruction, guided practice, and independent practice as well as writing samples at each instructional level.
* Instructional Scope and Sequence / Progress Chart: Our Instructional Scope and Sequence Charts have been designed to help teachers provide direct instruction that is comprehensive and sequential.. These charts also serve as progress charts for struggling students that are progressing through the program as part of their 504 or special education remediation program.
* Student Manipulative: Following direct instruction, students use these manipulatives to create sentences that follow the grammatical pattern being taught. These manipulatives are also an effective tool for quick review.
* Word Walls: Students with limited vocabulary development and spelling skills will need to use word walls to assist during independent practice. You will nor find a better to help help no writers to begin writing complete sentences.
Purchase of these materials entitle the individual teacher or household to reproduce copies. Reproduction for use by multiple teachers or households is strictly prohibited. No part my be transmitted in any form to other parties without the written permission of the publisher.
Contact Info: Phone: (562)883-0556