It is tricky to explain to a student all the things an administration is looking for when their on demand for the end of the year or their expository essays are graded. I developed this kid friendly rubric to let the kids know exactly what I was looking for in an easy to remember acronym. It is motivating because grading is objective now and not a mystery anymore. They get it now!
- I grade with it myself.
- It is THE tool I use when having kids check each other's writing.
- A lot of thought was put into the 5 areas administrations use to grade essays with and the key details for each.
- The rubric includes check boxes for each area ranked from 1 to 4.
- There is room to write a note by checkboxes if that is desired.
- I have my students put a star by the greatest strength in an area and a circle around the biggest opportunity to increase the score in that area.