BRAND NEW! All original ideas and fresh mindfulness exercises that pair perfectly with kids yoga!
The PDF packet includes (10) unique Guided Journaling Pages & Yoga-Themed Writing/Coloring Exercises to complement your children’s yoga lessons! Use as individual exercises, or compile selected pages and the optional cover for an ongoing Student Yoga Journal. Adds a focused reflection and writing component to your movement session and really helps develop increased body-awareness and self-regulating tools through calm mindful journaling and individual progress tracking and goal setting. View the Preview File for a sample of layout.
They are worksheets/exercises I use in my own kids yoga classes, and include activities for multiple ages. (K-5)
Contents: (All Rights Reserved to Little Twisters Yoga)
1. Optional Student “Yoga Journal” Cover Page
2. Before-Yoga Check-In (How I am Feeling) + Yoga Goals for the Day
3. After Yoga Reflection of the Body and Review of Personal Yoga Goals
4. Favorite Yoga Pose of the Day Journaling/Coloring Exercise
5. What Works Best for Me (Personal Benefits of Specific Poses)
6. Mindful Moments: Using My Senses (Things AROUND Me) Worksheet
7. Mindful Moments: Tuning into My Body (Things I Can Notice INSIDE Me) Worksheet
8. Body Scan Page 1: Mind, Breathing, Heartrate Pre– and Post–Yoga Survey
9. Body Scan Page 2: Muscles/Joints & Tummy Pre- and Post-Yoga Survey
10. Body Scan Reflection Journaling
11. My Yoga Journey Milestones
Printing Instructions: You can select the format and uses that work best for you and your students/children. Either pull out individual exercises that correspond with your lesson for the day, or use the optional journal cover, and select the inside contents of your choice, to create a student yoga journal. (You may even want to make several copies of one of the journaling pages to include in the journal for repeated, ongoing use). Enjoy!
Visit my STORE for tons of Kids Yoga Lesson Plans and Printables!
Visit my blog for more kids yoga resources!