This lesson helps build the background knowledge necessary for practicing the skill of empathy. The student friendly learning objective is, "naming feelings" and directly addresses the Common Core Speaking and Listening standard 6 for Kindergarten.
This lesson is one of four available on helping students build an understanding of the concept of empathy and be able to apply it in daily situations. Please visit our store if you would like to purchase additional lessons in this unit or the entire bundled unit on empathy.
1. Teacher Guide
2. PowerPoint-14 colorful and engaging slides
3. Graphic Organizer
4. Independent Practice Sheet
5. Reflection Page
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Recognize and name basic emotions.
2. Recognize and compare canine and human body language with basic emotions.
3. Build language by using multiple sentence frames to describe emotions.