This lesson focuses on the student’s ability to express thoughts and feelings clearly, which is a sub-skill of practicing empathy. This lesson directly addresses Common Core Speaking and Listening Standard 6.
This lesson is one of four available on helping students build an understanding of the concept of empathy and be able to apply it in daily situations. Please visit our store if you would like to purchase additional lessons in this unit or the entire bundled unit on empathy.
1. Teacher Guide
2. PowerPoint-18 colorful and engaging slides
3. Independent Practice Sheet
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Define thoughts and feelings.
2. Distinguish between thoughts and feelings.
3. Discuss with a partner their own thoughts and feelings.