Communicating thoughts and feelings is an integral part of practicing empathy. This activity provides students time to develop the language skills necessary for practicing empathy. This activity is one that could be used repeatedly throughout the year in kindergarten.
This lesson is the third of four available on helping students build an understanding of the concept of empathy and be able to apply it in daily situations. Please visit our store if you would like to purchase additional lessons in this unit or the entire bundled unit on empathy.
1. Teacher Guide
2. PowerPoint-14 colorful and engaging slides
3. Reflection Activity
4. Thought cards with photographs for prompting.
5. Feeling cards with photographs for prompting.
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Recognize emotions.
2. Express thoughts and feelings clearly.
3. Discuss their own thoughts and feelings with a partner.
4. Distinguish between expressing a thought and expressing a feeling.
5. Describe diversity.