What is KinderSurvival?
KinderSurvival Curriculum is a week long program designed to assist teachers in their first week of kindergarten. The saying goes, “Get them fed and get them home and that’s a successful first day of kindergarten!” Well, we know that there is so much more than that going into a successful first day and week. This program was designed by a teacher, for a teacher in hopes that all necessary material could be found in one document. Furthermore, that all material could be edited to fit your individual needs. The program consists of one week’s worth of lesson plans, first week teacher necessities, and an abundance of first week tips and tricks. Allow KinderSurvival to assist you in making this your best year yet!
Tell me more!
Watch a video of me discussing the packet HERE!
What is Included?
- Meet the teacher letter template (editable)
- Open House/Meet the Teacher night documents (editable)
- Meet the teacher book template (editable)
- 1st day routine cards (editable)
- Recess Expectations Book (wording-editable)
- Play dough "how to" book & play dough certified certificate
- Scissors, Writing Utensils, and Glue Expectation books (wording- editable). "Certified" certificates are also included.
- 5 days of EXPLICIT LESSON PLANS (editable) *morning meeting, reader's workshop, KinderCamp, writing, math, and phonics are ALL covered in the lesson plans!
- All necessary practice sheets.
I already have your other programs... do I need this?
Well, that is really up to you! However, I am confident that new and veteran teachers will find something within this packet that they fall in love with! Knowing that nearly all documents are editable is also a great option! The reader's workshop lesson plans also include a modified close read using, The Little Engine That Could!
Hmmm, I've seen ___ on your blog before. Is this packet filled with 'repeats?'
It's quite possible that you might find a page or two that have been found on my blog or I've posted before. However, I am certain that this packet has been priced accordingly to not charge for those pages. Yet, the ease of having them all in one place outweighs the 'repeat' label.
Special note that some items within the packet are labeled as 'kindergarten.'
Be sure to view the preview to see more of the packet!
If you have any questions at all about this packet please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my blog Little Minds at Work
Follow me on Facebook