Kindergarten 1st Grade Reading Comprehension Decodable Phonics Passages & Boom
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
These kindergarten and 1st grade reading comprehension passages are perfect for beginning readers! The decodable phonics passages are the perfect way for kindergarten and 1st grade students to work on their phonics skills and their reading comprehension. This resource includes printable decodable phonics reading comprehension passages with questions, as well as Boom cards! You will have both options for your students! Each printable passage and Boom cards passage includes comprehension questions and 3 high frequency words. You are teaching multiple reading skills with this one product! This resource also supports research in the Science of Reading.
Students will work on 25 different phonics skills with these decodable phonics passages. They are perfect for kindergarten and 1st grade reading comprehension!
Your students will love the Boom cards, too! Kindergarten and first grade students can practice their reading comprehension and decodable phonics skills on a tablet, laptop, or any mobile device with access to the Internet. Boom cards are self-checking, too! Students will get immediate feedback and you will have instant data!
This reading comprehension & decodable phonics passages resource includes:
- 48 printable reading passages perfect for Kindergarten or 1st grade
- Comprehension questions for all reading passages
- Boom cards - all 48 passages are also in Boom cards
Phonics patterns include:
- short vowels
- beginning blends
- long vowels with silent e
- soft c/g
- long vowel pairs
- r-controlled vowels
You will love this resource because it covers so many skills! It’s reading comprehension, decodable phonics, reading passages, and high frequency sight words (both printable and in Boom card format) all in one!
These decodable reading passages are perfect for:
- Kindergarten reading comprehension
- 1st grade reading comprehension
- 2nd grade students that still need decoding practice
There are many ways to use these reading passages in your classroom:
- Whole group reading instruction
- Small group reading instruction
- Reading intervention
- Morning work
- Assessment tool
- Weekly homework
- Reading / ELA centers
- Partner work
⭐ MORE ABOUT BOOM LEARNING:
- To use Boom Cards™️, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards™️ play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge).
- Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
- For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning™️ account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning™️, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details:http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning™️. Read here for details:http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
⭐ Please see the PREVIEWS to get an up-close look at the reading passages!
See What Other Teachers are Saying. . .
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Heather O. says, “Love these! Just right for beginning readers! Love that it can be paper/pencil or digital with the Boom Cards!”
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Julie B. says, “Great passages! Will really help students decode and comprehend.”
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Kara G. says, “I have been using this with my reading groups. I love it!”
More Fun and Engaging Resources from Fun in First!
Follow me on TpT:
Be the first to know about new products, sales, and freebies.
Look for the ★green star★ next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
Connect with Me
Visit my blog at www.funinfirst.com
Having difficulty with a file? Visit the FAQ's section, submit a help ticket, email me, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Jodi Southard
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.