Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.13 MB | 4 pages
I’ve been working on this assessment for a few years,
revising it over and over until it’s exactly what I want to use.
I hope you find it useful!!
I do this assessment for several reasons;
1. It’s so handy to have this information come report card time.
2. It show progression throughout the year, and in fact over the 2 year Full Day Kindergarten program.
3. It helps to direct my teaching in that it spotlights areas I need to put more emphasis on for the whole group.
4. It can help to spot potential learning delays early on.
5. It gives the Grade 1 teacher a jump start on getting to know his or her students skill levels, as I pass the folders on when they are placed in their next class.
How to use the Kindergarten Assessment Tool
1. Set up an assessment box with a folder for each child, a copy of the assessment tool and the extra things you’ll need to fill in the
information. (scissors, paper, pencils, tools for patterning)
2. For most students, you will gather a lot of this information while you are working with your students during inquiry activities or at other times of the day. Have a notebook on hand to jot down notes and observations that can be transferred to this assessment tool later.
3. For the rest you will need to sit with each child individually.
4. When you have completed the forms for a child, fill in the 1/2 page form and staple to the front of their folder for easy reference.