This is designed for my school to use as a screener assessment given to the incoming kindergarten students at a brief 15 minute appointment during the summer. It will give a basis to help group students into classes or as a back to school assessment during the first few weeks of school.
1. Uppercase letter ID
2. Lowercase letter ID with typewriter style g and a added
3. letter sound ID
4. Number ID
5. rhyming- ID and provide a rhyming word
6. blend word parts/ phonemes
7. one to one counting
8. shapes and colors
9. optional page for those already reading to assess sight words and cvc words. I included 4 empty sight word boxes for you to write in additional words you may want.
10. assess writing and drawing skills
newly added: rote counting and sorting objects small sections
* changed font children have to read to Comic Sans instead of dot letters to make it easier for them to read