Ready for a fun, beach themed day or week in your Spanish or dual-language Kindergarten classroom? It's a great way to spice up the last days of school or to kick off summer!
Use the following activities along with classroom decor and summer themed treats to have an exciting beach day!
1) Write the room: Print sight word sea shells on colored paper and tape all over the classroom. Students use the recording sheet to find and record words. (I print the same sheet on both sides so students have to find 28 words!)
2) Addition matching: Print in color, laminate, and cut. Students add and match the answer to the addition sentence.
3) Subtraction: Students cross off the correct amount of objects and record answer
4) Flip Flop number bonds: Separate each number into two parts.
5) Stretch out the word: Using invented spelling, students stretch out all of the sounds in common beach words and write them the best they can! Words such as beach ball, umbrella, sun, shell, etc.
6) Beach story: Students draw a beach scene, or write about a time they spent at the beach. They can use their spelling list to help them write about their picture.