This 20 page document includes everything a Kindergarten teacher needs to set up an Easter Themed Breakout Box for the classroom!
What is a breakout box? The teacher simply puts a surprise for the class in a toolbox and locks the toolbox with multiple combination locks using a lockout hasp! I suggest several ideas for the surprise in this document. The students then use their math skills or phonemic awareness skills to decipher the clues and crack the codes to the locks. Once all of the locks have been opened, the students earn the prize inside!
This packet includes:
- Suggestions for using this packet in a Kindergarten classroom.
- An activity that uses missing numbers to open a combination lock.
- An activity that uses addition to 5 to open a combination lock.
- An activity that has students use an alphabet code to record letters, read the resulting sentence using their sight word knowledge, and find the code you have hidden in your classroom!
- An activity has allows students to hunt for a hidden clue in the classroom.
- An activity that has students use what they know about counting syllables to open a combination lock.
- An activity that has students segment CVC words to open a word combination lock.
- Free Breakout Brag Tags, if you would like to place them inside the toolbox as part of the prize!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to send me a message! If you enjoy this breakout box and would like to see more for other themes, please let me know!