This Christmas unit includes fun activities that you can incorporate into your December centre plans in your Kindergarten classroom!
This 50 page mini unit includes:
CHRISTMAS PRINTING MATS: ALPHABET
- Print & laminate these mats and put them in the writing centre with dry erase markers! Includes uppercase and lowercase and in both colour and B&W.
CANDY CANE SIGHT WORDS
- Set these cards out with a salt tray and candy canes. Have students pick a sight word card and write it in the salt. Then find the matching picture on the recording sheet and write the sight word on the recording sheet. For your high achievers, there is a bonus challenge at the bottom. Use one of the sight words you wrote and write a sentence on the back of the page! The sight words included are: I, like, are, can, is, for, see, you.
Do those sight words not work for you? There is an editable picture card file included (it is a PowerPoint file) so that you can type in your own sight words and use it with the recording sheet!
CHRISTMAS SIMPLE SENTENCES
- Print, cut and laminate these simple sentence sentence strips and add to your writing centre or to your whiteboard centre! Have students practice reading the simple sentences and recording them on writing paper or whiteboards. 8 sentences and a simple sentence writing paper are included.
CHRISTMAS WORDS WRITING CHART
- A writing chart with 12 Christmas words. Perfect to add to your writing or whiteboard centre. In colour and B&W.
CHRISTMAS DO A DOT LETTERS
- Print and set out with do-a-dot markers (bingo daubers). Students can also read the sentence and colour the matching picture. 4 pages, 2 versions (with and without the letter at the top right corner with formation arrows).
- S is for Santa.
- L is for lights.
- P is for present.
- O is for ornament.
CHRISTMAS PRINTING MATS: NUMBERS
- Print & laminate these mats and put them in the writing centre with dry erase markers! Includes 1-10 and 11-20 in both colour and B&W.
CHRISTMAS COOKIE ORDERING
- Print and laminate the number cards. I punch holes on either side of the cards and have students link the numbers in order with linking chains. You could also put magnets on the back and have students order them on a cookie sheet. Number cards included are 1-20.(Colour and B&W)
CAN YOU DECORATE A CHRISTMAS TREE?
- Set out this Christmas tree mat with loose parts (mini ornaments, pom poms, string etc.) and have students decorate the tree and record their creation on the recording sheet. Students can also write a sentence about their tree on the back as an extra challenge. Several mat and recording sheets options provided. Choose the one that best suit your classroom needs!
MY ORNAMENT COUNTING BOOK
- I make these for my intervention kids (and a few extra for the other kids who might want to do one as a centre). I punch out a bunch of small circles out of various coloured construction paper with my circle punch and set them out with the book on the table. Students read the sentence on each page and glue the corresponding number of "ornaments" (the colourful circles) on to the tree. Pages for numbers 1-10.
GINGERBREAD NUMBER ORDER PUZZLE
- You can either use the colour version and print, laminate and cut the puzzle and have students order them (I like to put magnets on the back and place them on cookie sheets for a more tactile feel) OR you can print the B&W version and set them out with scissors and 8.5 x 11" construction paper. Have the students colour the puzzle, then cut the puzzle and finally glue the pieces in order to recreate the puzzle!
You can see this puzzle in action on my blog by clicking here.
You can see the rest of this pack in action on my blog by clicking here.
I hope you enjoy using these printables with your students!
Please let me know if you have any questions prior to purchasing!
• Rudolph! Rudolph! An Interactive Christmas Poem
• My Book of Christmas Words
• The Winter Break Challenge: A Winter Break Activity Booklet
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio