This is a no prep lesson when introducing what kind of clothes we should wear for what season and to assess how much children already know. This is an easy to follow lesson which also allows you to still express yourself as a teacher but to explore the theme of clothing in hot and cold climates.
The presentation is bright and engaging and each image is png. which can be copied into your interactive whiteboard if you need to .
- What clothes should I wear?
- Why we wear warm clothes in cold weather
- Why we wear cool clothes in warm weather
- Discussion about what are suitable clothes and room for notes
- Activity - clothes for hot weather
- Discussion - cold weather clothing
- Activity - clothes for cold weather
- Activity - clothing names and summer clothing
- Label the clothes
- Chose clothes for a vacation to a cold destination
- Chose clothes for a vacation to a warm destination
- Activity 2 - Drawing
- Worksheet writing frames - sorting clothes, naming them listing and organizing them in a table.
- Flip booklet - exploring clothing for hot and cold weather
- Cut and paste winter, summer and spring clothing
- Drawing a picture of clothes for a particular season.