Here are my kindergarten rubrics for writing based on the common core standards. In the packet you will get a rubric for: General Writing, Opinion, Narrative, Informative and Production of Writing. Included in each rubric there are categories that reflect coloring in detail as well. I have also included a comments section for you to write back to your student. The following common core standards are aligned.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.1 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book (e.g., My favorite book is...).
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.2 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.3 Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
Production and Distribution of Writing
• (W.K.4 begins in grade 3)
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.5 With guidance and support from adults, respond to questions and suggestions from peers and add details to strengthen writing as needed.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.6 With guidance and support from adults, explore a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
Check out my store for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade writing rubrics as well!