Fun With Fruit - A Counting Game
Kindergarten Common Core Math Standard:
Count to answer “how many” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line.
In this game, students will count how many letters are in the name of ten different types of fruit. One or more students can play at a time. Five different game boards are included.
How to Play:
1. Choose a Word Fruit Card. Ten “Fruit Word Cards” are included. The cards can be printed on Avery 5163 labels. Strawberry, watermelon, pear, orange, grapes, lemon, kiwi, cherries, bananas, and apple are included.
2. Count how many letters are in the name of each fruit.
3. Move a game piece the correct number of spaces on the game board. Instead of using a game piece, students could use dry erase makers on a laminated game board to mark their space. Dry erase markers also work perfectly on plastic sheet protectors.
4. If you land on a “Fun Fruit” space, add a “Fun Fruit Picture Card” to a basket. Use a real or pretend basket.
5. Whoever has the most “Fun Fruit Picture Cards” at the end is the winner. Shuffle the cards and play again!