Kindergarten Common Core Standard Based Assessment Pack is created to help you as a teacher assess your students throughout the school on Reading and Math skills. It is broken down by trimesters. I have included my email within the packet for you to contact me with request for revisions. Assessments are created to be completed by either student or teacher and have been teacher tested. I currently use it with Kindergarten class.
The packet is designed with Language Arts assessments first followed by Math assessments. Each assessment within the packet has the Common Core it is tied to and a standardized scoring rubric for grading your students on a 1-4 scale. One being does not meet and four exceeding. Their is a place to write the score for each trimester. Please download a preview to see samples.
This packet assesses the following skills:
Common Core: English Language Arts Standards
* Reading Assessment: ELA-Literacy.RL.K.1, K.2, K.3, K.4, K.5, K.6, K.7, K.8, K.9, K.10.
* Writes first and last name: ELA-Literacy.L.K.1
* Writes simple sentence phonetically: ELA-Literacy.L.K.2 & ELA-Literacy.L.K.2d
* Identifying letters and sounds: ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1.d
* Read High Frequency Words: (Fountas and Pinnell list) ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c
* Reads CVC words: ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2d & ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3
* Rhyming: ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2a
* Concept About Print: ELA-Literacy.RI.K.5, ELA-Literacy.RI.K.6 & ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1a
* Writes High Frequency Words: ELA-Literacy.L.K.
* Prints upper and lowercase letters: ELA-Literacy.L.K.1a
* Spells words phonetically: ELA-Literacy.L.K.2d
* Writing: LITERACY.W.K.1, LITERACY.W.K.2, LITERACY.W.K.3
Common Core: Math Standards
Math expectations follow the Everyday Math Program
* Number and Numeration:
Rote Counting - Counts by 1s: K.CC.A.1 & K.CC.A.2
Counting backwards: K.CC.A
Counts a collection of objects: K.CC.B.4
Compare and Order Numbers: K.CC.C.7
Counts by 10’s: K.CC.A
Reads Numbers: K.CC.A
Writes Numbers: K.CC.A.3
* Models using manipulatives, drawings, and numerical expressions to give equivalent names for whole numbers: K.NBT.A.1
* Sorts and Classifies Objects: K.MD.B.3
* Operation and Computation - Solve problems involving the addition and subtraction of 1-digit numbers: K.OA.A.2
* Data and Measurement K.MD.A
Estimate, measure, and compare objects: K.MD.A.2 & K.MD.A.1
* Geometry: Identifies 2-dimensional shapes and 3-dimensional solids: K.G.A.3
A list of required math materials is included.
Please check out my Kindergarten Data graph pack to help your students take ownership of their learning.