Your students will love playing detective during this fun and challenging activity. I use detective spelling during center time, but you could also use it for homework or morning work.This pack includes:
- Detective Spelling Decoder
- 1 recording sheet per lesson in unit 4 of HM Journeys Kindergarten (Lessons 16-20).
Every high frequency word is included:
Lesson 16- is, how, of, so, many, where
Lesson 17- this, find, from, came, but, on
Lesson 18- will, be, into, that, your, who
Lesson 19- go, for, here, they, soon, up
Lesson 20 (review)- is, how, this, will, go, here
- 5 answer keys (one for each lesson)
1. Each student will need one detective spelling decoder (I laminate mine).These stay at the center week after week, minimizing the amount of center prep required! You could also choose to make the decoder into a poster to hang or give every child a copy.
2. Students will use the decoder to find the letters that correspond to the numbers on their recording sheets. They will record the letters in the appropriate boxes.
3. After students figure out an entire word they use the writing line to write the word neatly.
4. Students continue until all words have been solved!