Your students will love playing detective during this fun and challenging activity. I use detective spelling during center time, but you could also use it for homework or morning work.This pack includes:
- Detective Spelling Decoder
- 1 recording sheet for the following:
-Lessons 1-5 (same sheet)
-Lessons 6-10 (same sheet)
-Lessons 11-12 (same sheet)
-Lessons 13-14 (same sheet)
-Lessons 11-15 (same sheet)
Every high frequency word is included:
Lessons 1-5: I, like, the, and
Lessons 6-10: see, we, a, to
Lessons 11-12: come, me, with, my
Lessons 13-14: you, what, are, now
Lessons 11-15: come, me, with, my, you, what, are, now
- 5 answer keys (one for each sheet)
1. Each student will need one detective spelling decoder (I laminate mine).These stay at the center week after week, minimizing the amount of center prep required! You could also choose to make the decoder into a poster to hang or give every child a copy.
2. Students will use the decoder to find the letters that correspond to the numbers on their recording sheets. They will record the letters in the appropriate boxes.
3. After students figure out an entire word they use the writing line to write the word neatly.
4. Students continue until all words have been solved!
**This version of detective spelling is slightly different than all the others. This is because there are very few words in the beginning units, so the words have been combined onto one sheet.