KINDERGARTEN EMERGENT READERS SET A
Beginning readers require repetition to become proficient with reading the high-frequency words. These emergent readers provide practice with reading beginning high-frequency words. Black line masters can be duplicated and sent home with the children as homework, or they may keep the fold-over stories at home in their personal "Shoe Box Library" to read and re-read.
The emergent readers in this unit include black line masters as well as color copies. An enlarged color copy of each part of the story is also included. The enlarged copy can be duplicated and used in your classroom library or when reading the story in a guided reading group.
The high frequency words for each story are indicated following each title. The stories included in this unit are:
1. "I Like" (I, like)
2. "I Like The. . ." (I, like, the)
3. "I Like Workers" (I, like, the, and)
4. "I Like Tools"--color copies only (I, like, the, and)
5. "I See" (I, see, the)
6. "We See" (we, see, the, at)
7. "Shapes" (we, see, a)--includes color words and shape names
8. "I Like To See..." (I, like, to, see)--includes color words and number words
9. "Shape Count" (we, see)--includes adjectives for shape, size, color and number
(PLEASE NOTE: These readers have been extracted from my Kindergarten Journeys 2014 Lessons 2-10 units.)