KINDERGARTEN EMERGENT READERS SET B
Beginning readers require repetition to become proficient with reading the high-frequency words. These emergent readers provide practice with reading beginning high-frequency words. black line masters can be duplicated and sent home with the children as homework, or they may keep the fold-over stories at home in their personal "Shoe Box Library" to read and re-read.
The emergent readers in this unit include black line masters as well as color copies. An enlarged color copy of each part of the story is also included. It can be duplicated and used in your classroom library or when reading the story in a guided reading group.
The high frequency words for each story are indicated following each title. The stories included in this unit are:
1. "Come and See" (come, and, see, a, the)--includes months of the year
2. "Come With Me" (come, with, me, my, to, the)
3. "What Can You See?" (what, can, you, see, I, a)
4. "Where Are We?" (where, are, we, now, at, the)
5. "What Are You?" (what, are, you, I, am, a, yes, just, like, that)
6. "How Many" (how, many, can, you, see)
7. "Can You find It?" (can, you, find, it, this, yes, to, came, see, me)
8. "Who Will Come Into Your House?" (come, can, it, will, into, your, be, that, who)
9. "They Will Go" (will, are, a, go, here, soon, for, they, up)
10. "George and the Dinosaur" (they, and, the, is, a, he, with, go, to, see, will, for, get)
(PLEASE NOTE: These readers have been extracted from my Kindergarten Journeys 2014 Lessons 11-20 Units.)