KINDERGARTEN EMERGENT READERS SET C
Beginning readers require repetition to become proficient with reading the high-frequency words. These emergent readers provide practice with reading beginning high-frequency words. Black line masters can be duplicated and sent home with the children as homework, or they may keep the fold-over stories at home in their personal "Shoe Box Library" to read and re-read.
The emergent readers in this unit include black line masters as well as color copies. An enlarged color copy of each part of the story is also included. It can be duplicated and used in your classroom library or when reading the story in a guided reading group.
The high frequency words for each story are indicated following each title. The stories included in this unit are:
1. "I Make Music" (I, make, when, play, my, new, music)--includes names of musical instruments
2. "It Was Good" (said, was, then, good, ate, could, find, so, that, many)
3. "Fun at the Pond" (she, over, her, all, when, some, this, is, friends, they, go, and)
4. "Kip Ran Away" (he, away, must, no, by, there, where, is, he, be, his, go)
5. "We Can Make Fruit Pies" (we, make, like, go, some, fruit, pie)--includes names of different fruits)
6. "Bug" (this, is, he, just, little, what, do, up, and, down, on, went, only, sees, tree, new)
7. "I Help Mom" (I, help, big, every, day, take, my, walk, little, gives, one, cookie, when, to, have)
8. "Look Out!" (look, very, their, out, saw, put, went, for, walk, they, get, zoo)
9. "The Dog Show" (off, our, day, take, too, show, today, me, he, see, so, like, this, policeman)
10. "Three Little Pigs" (three, little, are, with, their, they, will, go, away, one, makes house, out, of, hay, twigs, bricks, wolf, down, blow, all, live)
11. "I Love Kindergarten" (every, day, go, to, get, then, see, some, last, will, miss, my, glad, out, play, with, put, up, for, make, books, teacher, soccer, chair, flag, love, kindergarten)
PLEASE NOTE: THESE READERS HAVE BEEN EXTRACTED FROM MY KINDERGARTEN JOURNEYS 2014 LESSONS 21-30 UNITS.