The end of the year crunch is right around the corner! Make it easy on yourself with these fun, partner activities for your future first graders! This packet includes review activities for reading, writing, and math. Your students will enjoy completing each activity as they review and apply all the skills they have learned this year.
1. ABC’s of Summer- upper/lowercase letter matching, and writing summer words in alphabetical order.
2. Sounds of Summer- write the missing beginning and ending sounds for each summer picture.
3. Summer Sight Word Search- word search with sight words.
4. Summer Search- word search with summer words.
5. Summer, Summer, Summer Rhymes- color the pictures that rhyme.
6. Summer Scrambles- unscramble word family words and draw the picture.
1. Summer Words Dictionary- cut and paste summer words and match them to the correct picture.
2. My Summer Story- write a summer story using the Summer Words Dictionary.
3. In the Summer- pattern book about what you can do in the summer.
4. Favorite Zoo Animal Report- write a report on your favorite zoo animal.
5. How to Eat an Ice Cream Cone- use procedural writing to instruct someone on how to eat an ice cream cone.
6. Summer Poem- write an acrostic poem using the letters in the word “summer”.
7. Summer Letter- write a letter to a future kindergartener about what to expect when they begin school next year.
8. Summer Lovin’- write an opinion piece on your favorite summer activities.
1. Summer Shape Sort- sorting 2D and 3D shapes.
2. Summer Shape Hunt- find and color the hidden shapes in each picture.
3. Summer Graphing- graphing summer pictures.
4. Summer Addition and Subtraction- sorting addition and subtraction equations within 10.
5. Summer Counting- counting with numbers 0-20.
6. Summer Measurement- measuring summer pictures with different nonstandard units of measurement.
7. Count On to Summer- counting on from 0-100.
1. Summer Spin-a-Word- making CVC, CVCC and CVCe words with spinner cards.
2. Summer Sight Word Splash- test your sight word knowledge with these summer themed cards. Look out for the “splash” card! You don’t want to get wet! Includes 50 Dolch sight words.
3. 100 Days of Summer- use the number cards, 1 more, 5 more, 10 more, 1 less, 5 less, and 10 less cards to color the 100 Chart.
You may also like:
Kindergarten End of the Year Activities Bundle
Follow my store and “Like” my page on Facebook for instant updates on products, promotions, sales, and freebies!
Like My Page!