THEME: Apples: cute apples, apple trees, apple barrel, kawaii apples
Color or BW: Black and White
File Type: PDFS: Just Print and Go
Editable PPTs: Edit in Powerpoint
Editable?: Yes, the PPT files are. (Rubrics are not editable, but you can add your own sentences, text, etc.)
These Kindergarten and Firstie Writing Journals are awesome for thematic learning, practicing writing, phonics, checking sentences, and drawing. I have used these as stand-alone writing papers, in conjunction with thematic lessons, as complete writing journals, at writing centers, and as morning work.
Since they are editable, they are versatile and you can have students practice different sentences and/or words. You can also use them for different classes and year to year.
* 20 different Papers with lines and pictue box
* Each paper comes in Horizontal and Vertical Versions
* Each paper comes in rubric/checklist and non-rubric/checklist Versions
* 10 different Writing Journal Cover Pages (each comes in Horiztonal and Vertical Versions)
Note: These papers DO NOT come with built-in prompts. They were made for teachers to use in various ways and edit on their owl if they wish.
Ideas for use:
* Writing Journals: Students have fun writing on thematic paper and the variety of paper options keeps them motivated.
* Alphabet Practice
* Phonics Time
* Individual Work, Early Finisher
* Write sentences
* Write a short story
* Sharing Time
* Morning Work: Hand out the papers and have a sentence or word/words on the board when the students come in. Students can practice their writing or words.
* Use in conjunction with thematic lessons (i.e.: my body, farm animals, community helpers, holidays, etc)
* Spelling Practice
* Writing Practice
* Vocabulary and New Words
These are easy to edit in powerpoint! If you want to add sentences or words, just open in PPT, add/insert a text box, and input you words inside.
Then, move the textbox so it fits into the writing lines (You may also want to resize the text so it fits).
Here are some suggestions for fonts (free for personal use) that you can use:
Don't have Powerpoint?
Here are some options:
1. If you just want to PRINT the pages (one per page): Use Powerpoint Viewer
2. If you want to EDIT and PRINT the files with more options: Use Libre Office (compatible with Microsoft Powerpoint)
Thank you and happy Teaching!