Now 65 pages! (I added 3 pages of comparing and analyzing solid shapes!)
This file contains practice sheets, reproducible response books, centers and activities for meeting ALL of the kindergarten common core geometry standards. Lots of practice with combining, comparing, analyzing and describing solid and flat shapes! The activities are all core aligned and labeled with the standard they meet.
1. Shapes Ahoy! Sorting, counting and drawing shapes. (2 centers, one with circle, square and triangle and one with rectangles, triangles and squares) K.G.5 and K.MD.3
2. Ship Shape: Sorting shapes and sorting by count K.G.5 and K.M.D.3
(You will need to provide manipulatives for the above centers)
3. Grandma's Goodies: Sorting flat and solid shapes worksheet K.G.3
4. Play Time!: Labeling solid shapes worksheet K.G.2
5. Shape Up! : Combining shapes worksheet K.G.6
6. Home Sweet Home: A following directions activity for naming/describing shapes in the environment and describing the relative positions of these objects using terms like above, below, beside, inside, etc K.G.1
7. Sorting shapes by number of sides math center K.G.4
8. Sorting flat and solid shapes math center K.G.3
9. Shapes in my World reproducible response book in which learners identify objects in the environment using names of shapes K.G.1
10. "Look!" reproducible book for your learners to draw to show the shape combinations they make. Pages read, "Look! I can take 2 (shape) and make a (shape)!" K.G.6
11. "I Can Draw Shapes" a 12 page workbook (or collection of practice sheets) for drawing flat shapes. Includes describing shapes inthe environment K.G.2 K.G.5
12. Lesson plans for drawing and constructing shapes. Gives great practice in describing shapes. K.G.1 K.G.2 K.G.5
13. Dare to Compare 2 worksheets for analyzing, comparing and describing shape differences and similarities K.G.4
14. 4 pages of naming and sorting solid figures and describing them in the environment K.G.2 K.G.1
15. Printable Book "Shapes in My World" in which learners draw objects in their environment that are the target shape and fill in the blank line to to describe them. Text reads, "I see a square. The square I see is ____________."
16. Printable Book,"Solid Shapes in My World" in which learners draw objects in their environment that are the target shape and fill in the blank to describe them.
17. 3 pages of comparing and analyzing solid shapes