You’ll love these Kindergarten Groundhog Day Literacy centers. These groundhog activities are perfect for the end of January or February in Kindergarten! All centers have an engaging activity and a response sheet for student accountability. These centers are the perfect addition to your study of Groundhog Day.
Colorful Shadows Pocket Chart Center
- Students unscramble each sentence, match each groundhog to the correct sentence, read the sentence to their center partners or groups, and complete their response sheet. Three response sheet options are included.
Groundhog Sounds (Differentiated)
- Cards can be used for beginning sounds, middle sounds, last sounds, or CVC words. Choose the response sheet that meets the needs of your students. Students choose a card, name the picture, and write the sound they hear.
CVC Word Clip Cards
- Students choose a card, read the word, and clip the matching picture.
Groundhog Ending Sounds
- Students choose a picture card, name the picture, and match it to the sun or cloud that shows the ending sound. The ending sound is written on the response sheet.
- Students complete each puzzle by matching the pictures that rhyme. A response sheet is included for assessment.
Sight Word Write the Room
- Hide the cards around the classroom. Students find each card, read the sight word, and record the word on their response sheet.
Middle Sound Cards
- Students choose a card, name the picture, and use a bingo dabber to mark the middle sound on their response sheet.
Be sure to check out the preview!
Check my store for more Groundhog Day activities!
Groundhog Day Math Centers
Groundhog Day Crowns
Groundhog Day Science