See more about this product on YouTube HERE
19 Interactive Common Core Math Centers for Kindergarten! These centers were build around each Common Core State Standard and entice higher order thinking. The hands-on centers include:
Counting & Cardinality
1. Couting Cookies - Student count the chocolate chips on each cookie and order them on a cookie sheet from least to greatest.
2. Gumball Grab - Students use tweezers and pom poms to place the correct number of gumboils on each gumball machine!
3. Gumball Grab Book: Students use paint stamps to make gumboils on gumball machines.
4. Top 'Em - Students use the playing cards to challenge one another to find who's numbers are greater
5. Comparing Crocs - Students compare objects and numbers on work mats with crocodile mouths to represent greater than, less than, and equal to.
6. Spinning to 100!: Students spin 2 numbers to make a new number (ie. spinning a 4 and a 2 = 42). They then trace the number on the 100's chart.
Operations & Algebraic Thinking
7. Spin and Add: Ways to Make 10
8. Spin & Add: Ways to Make 5
9. Subtraction Sentences - Solve subtractions sentences with interactive cards by subtracting apples
10. Ten Little Fish Subtraction Retelling Kit
11. Addition Beads - Find ways to make numbers 5-10.
12. Spin & Subtract - Students use the spinner to complete subtraction sentences.
Numbers & Operations in Base Ten
13. Teen Building - Students represent teen numbers as 10 and more ones using manipulatives
14. Teen Twirl - Students make teen numbers as 10 + __
15. Spin & Stamp - Students spin & sidentify teen numbers
Measurement & Data
16. Bear-y Fun Measurement - Use counting bears to compare the weight of objects
16. Measuring Mania! - Students use a spinner to find objects to measure in the classroom using a variety of measures.
18. Spin & Build - Students use higher order thinking to create the tallest tower possible while evaluating the characteristics of 3-dimensional shapes.
19. Building Shapes - Students use marshmallows and toothpicks to explore the characteristics of 2 and 3-D shapes.
20. 3D Shape Sort: Identify is shapes roll, stack, and/or slide with this fun sorting center with recording sheet!
21. Spinning Shapes: Students spin different shares and trace the shape as they graph the number.