Kindergarten Guided Reading Unit - Level D and Word Work! Unit focus on inferential and critical thinking. Lessons for 7 weeks.
1) Readers infer about characters by noticing the words/pictures and adding their own schema
2) Readers will read accurately and smoothly, the way they talk
3) Readers put themselves into the characters’ shoes by asking “when I have I said/done _____”?
4) Readers explain character motivation by collecting evidence from across the book and putting themselves in the character’s shoes
5) Readers explain how characters change by asking “what do characters do at the beginning and at the end?”