This no grading homework for Kindergarten is ♥LOVED♥ by Kindergartners, and empowers parents to help their children practice new learning at home! After beginning a new topic, place the related bracelet on each student (or their backpack) to take home. The QR codes on each bracelet link to 1-2 educational practice videos about the Kindergarten lesson, and the Science, Social Studies, & Math homework bands also link to simple home review activities (known as the SECRET GAME--which the students think is oh so exciting!) for the child to play with a family member to reinforce the new concept.
✨Click for a 2 min. video about how this Bundled Kindergarten Homework works!
Teach 1st Grade? Check out the First Grade Homework Bundle
♥Why do TEACHERS love this Kindergarten homework bundle with QR codes?
1. The 164 bracelets allow for easy differentiation. Give each student bracelets based on their remediation and extension needs, or give the entire class the same bracelet as homework to preview or review a standard.
2. Students spend extra time at home working on concepts (because, let's face it, there is never enough time at school), and practicing new skills in various contexts helps students better retain new information. Unlike a general Kindergarten homework packet, the 92 topics (164+ bracelets)
allow teachers to give students homework tailored specifically to the day's lesson or area of need.
3. Parents are kept in the know about what their child is learning without time-consuming daily/weekly newsletters. Easily up the school-home connection and communication!
♥Why do PARENTS love these bracelets?
1. They know exactly what their child is learning.
2. They no longer feel like they don't know how to help their child. The simple games & videos empower them with specific (and fun) strategies to support their child.
3. The review activities are short, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate for their Kindergarten-aged child.
♥But do STUDENTS actually like & want to do these activities?
1. Kindergartners love showing off things they can do! How many times has a kiddo exclaimed, "Mom, Dad, watch me!" before doing something new they just figured out how to do? (Cannonballing into the pool, spinning in a circle, throwing a stick...) This excitement applies to things they learn at school too, and the simple family activities in this homework allow them to shine!
2. The linked review activities (AKA "Secret Games") encourage positive interactions between child and parent, and is there anything a kiddo loves more than quality time with their parent? :)
Now, when the parent asks, “What did you learn at school today?” the Kinder kiddo can proudly share and practice their new learning!
92 Kindergarten Topics Currently Included (164 bracelets).
With review videos and many with family games:
Numbers in the Teens
Numbers in the 20s
Counting to 20 and Back Down
Counting to 100
Addition & Subtraction
Adding +1 up to 10
Skip Counting by 10
Animals & Their Young
Living & Nonliving
Needs of Animals
Plants (2 Bracelets: Parts of Plants & Needs of Plants)
States of Matter
Life Cycles (2 Bracelets: Butterfly Life Cycle & Frog Life Cycle)
Dolch Sight Word Lists Bracelets Pre-Primer through 3rd grade(15 bracelets)
Fry's Sight Word Bracelets
(28 bracelets of Fry's 1st 100, 2nd 100, & 3rd hundred words)
High Frequency Word Bracelets
52 individual letter bracelets (2 per letter) & 10 alphabet bracelets.
Check out my FREE BRACELETS
to see if this resource is a good fit for your classroom & parents!
ABOUT Sight Word Bracelet
Most of the bands include additional visual support for the students, such as labeled diagrams of frog & butterfly lifecycles, labeled 3D shapes, examples of CVC words, labeled examples of colors, a list of numbers used when counting by 10s, illustrated sight words, etc.
These "We're Learning About" Bracelets link to educational YouTube videos using QR codes. If you plan to use these bracelets at school (rather than students' homes), please download the preview to test that the QR codes open on your school device (and on school WiFi) before purchasing. This is because some districts block YouTube, but it won't be an issue if parents use their own devices to access the videos at home. I value your time!***
Parent directions print on the back of the bracelets in English and/or Spanish.
The videos and "Secret Games" linked by QR codes are in English.
Parents can use any Smart device with a FREE QR Code Reader!
☮, ♡, & happy teachering!
©2014 Teachering, Amber Genzink. All rights reserved.
This resource is for use by 1 teacher only (the original downloader). If other teachers at your school would like to use the materials, please purchase additional licenses. At the time of purchase, these additional licenses can be purchased for half price. :) Copying for other teachers or classrooms, or departments, schools, or the school systems is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. It may NOT be uploaded to school/district servers, or to any website, or shared digitally or by printed copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Thank you for respecting my time and work.
I appreciate your business and support, and will continue to do my best to bring you high quality, helpful elementary resources!