Do you use an Interactive Whiteboard in your classroom?
Your students will love these igniters!
An 'igniter' is a great way to get students motivated and interested, ready to learn.
These igniters are short, simple drag-and-drop games for the whiteboard.
We have prepared them in PowerPoint format, so that they will open on most board types.
You will need to use PowerPOint in the editing format, not the slideshow format, so that your students can drag the pictures around.
We envisgae that you will be 'talking' and 'guiding' your students through these activities. as there are no noise sor animations added to the games. We want your students to focus mainly on the learning content.
The igniters included are:
1. APPLE TREE - students roll 2 dice (real dice on yoru classroom floor), add the total, and mover a counter on the boar to cover up the apple that shows the answer
2. BEE HIVE - students add the total (number + dots) using counting on strategy and then move the bee to the correct bee hive
3. SPIDER WEBS - 2 page game - students read a cvc word on a spider and drag it to the web if it has the same word family as the web
4. ALPHABET MATCH - 4 page game - students match upper and lower case letters by matching butterflies, ice creams, flowers and trees
5. LETTERBOXES - 3 page game - students put numerals 1-20 in counting order by dragging numerals to the letterboxes.
If you have any questions, please ask before you purchase this packet. A purchase is for one user only and may not be shared (unless multiple liscenses are purchased).
Please check out our blog for more great learning ideas