This E-Book contains Phonics, Sight Word and Handwriting printable activity sheets. (It is aligned with the California Treasures Reading Program but would be great review for any Kindergarten Reading program). This includes everything you need for the WHOLE YEAR!!!
Each week of each unit contains the following:
• 3 phonics activity sheets per week based on phonics concept being worked on that week
• 3 sight word practice and handwriting activity sheets based on sight words and letters being introduced that week
• The activities that are included in this packet are meant to provide meaningful, curriculum connected, silent seatwork.
• These activities have been designed to save valuable academic time by only requiring the teacher to provide explicit instruction and modeling of each activity a couple of times at the beginning of the year. Once all of the activities have been explained and modeled, they repeat throughout the year using each week’s phonics concept and sight words. This repetition not only saves lost academic time used explaining new activities, but it also allows your students to know what is expected of them on a daily basis.
• These activities also provide students with repetitious practice and review of the phonics concept and sight words of the week. This practice will increase the retention of the sight words and strengthen their letter sounds enabling them to decode more effectively.
If you like this, check out the activity packets below!
Kindergarten Phonics & Blending Practice
Kindergarten Phonics & Spelling Word Building Practice
INDEPENDENT SEATWORK ACTIVITIES also available for 1st and 2nd GRADE. Click links below:
1ST GRADE Independent Seatwork Activities
SECOND Independent Seatwork Activities