Kindergarten Informational Writing Prompts and Worksheets
Also included in
- Are you looking for kindergarten writing prompts? You'll love these opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, and informational writing worksheets for no prep writing centers and writing lessons. This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features 4 resourPrice $12.50Original Price $18.00Save $5.50
These informational writing prompts are a must-have for teaching explanatory writing. These informative writing prompts are no prep and perfect for kindergarten information writing lessons or writing centers.
This is a year's worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and seasonal topics (e.g. Earth Day, Spring, Winter, St. Patrick's Day)!
*NOTE - This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
These informational writing worksheets are common core aligned to the kindergarten writing standard:
Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for first graders who are working below their grade level.
30 pages of informative writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
Everything I Know About...
- The Rainforest
- The Human Body
- Everything I Know About_______ (Blank Template)
All I Know About...
- Outer Space
- Earth Day
- The Ocean
- Flower Life Cycles
- All I Know About_______ (Blank Template)
Fun Facts About...
- Fun Facts About_______ (Blank Template)
What I Have Learned About...
- St. Patrick's Day
- The Desert
- What I Have Learned About_______ (Blank Template)
- The Zoo
- All About_______ (Blank Template)
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer's Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)