I am super excited about using an interactive notebook for math this year...and all of these activities are Common Core Aligned!
I have students use one of those black composition notebooks for their math journals. Labels for the cover of the notebook are provided in this pack as well. I tried to fit as many activities onto a page as I could. Most activities have two to a page, some have four. I also tried to make this as “printer friendly” as possible, so most of the activities are in black and white. The sorting activities are predominantly in color, however, just because that skill needs to be in color. CCSS Standards are in the corner of each activity for your planning purposes. I included an “I can” statement with all of the activities. Some of the words in the “I can” statements are in bold…I tried to bold vocabulary words so you can be sure to touch on those when you come to them.
Topics covered include:
* Sorting by color, kind, shape, size and same/different
* Position and location words for inside, outside, left, right, over, under, on, before, after, top, middle, bottom
* Measurement with cubes and using a balance, also short, shorter, shortest, tall, taller, tallest, long, longer, longest, small, medium, large, ordering by length, capacity, and weight
* Counting and Cardinality for numbers 0-10. Include counting quantities and writing numbers, writing numbers on number line and counting on
* Comparing numbers using more, less, greater, fewer, and 1 more, 2 more, 1 fewer, 2 fewer. Compares using quantities and numerals
* Geometry with square, rectangle, triangle, circle, hexagon, cube, sphere, cone, cylinder. Includes roll, slide, stack solid shapes and making shapes from other shapes
*Larger Numbers with filling in 100 chart, matching base ten blocks and equations to numbers 10-20
* Decomposing numbers using addition sentences and counters
* Addition using pictures, creating addition problems with pictures, adding to make ten, fluency within sums of 5
* Subtraction using pictures, creating subtraction problems with pictures, fluency within differences of 5
* Patterns (even though it's not CCSS, I included it because I know most K teachers still teach patterns) AB, AAB, ABB, ABC, AABB patterns and recognizing repeating parts
These are just some of the skills included! Be sure to check out the preview to see some of the activities in this 152 page pack!