This unit is designed with the Kindergarten Manitoba Science curriculum in mind, but the lessons and activities are suitable to be used with any curriculum about paper. This unit is for Cluster 3: Paper.
Each unit contains a lesson idea and interactive journal page for each unit outcome. There is also a design process/STEM activity in each unit.
These are the lessons/outcomes covered in this unit:
1. Unit title page idea
2. Write and illustrate important paper vocabulary
3. Name types of paper found in the classroom
4. Sort objects that are made of paper or not made of paper
5. Describe the characteristics of an object made of paper
6. Describe where paper comes from
7. Sequence how paper is made
8. Sort examples of thick and thin papers
9. Test the strength of different types of paper
10. Test how different types of paper are able to be folded/torn/cut
11. An art activity involving tearing paper
12. Test different types of paper to make the best paper airplane
13. Match the most appropriate type of paper to a particular task
14. Design an object made out of paper
Buy this unit separately or in a bundle with the other two units to save money: Kindergarten Interactive Science Journal Bundle
*Note* This unit comes bundled with two files now--a PDF version and an editable PowerPoint version. If you teach Science in another language (French, German, or Spanish perhaps?) you can edit the text boxes on the student pages to meet your needs. The teacher information pages are not editable, but all the student pages are! You do need to have PowerPoint in order to edit the file.