This unit is designed with the Kindergarten Manitoba Science curriculum in mind, but the lessons and activities are suitable to be used with any curriculum about trees. This unit is for Cluster 1: Trees.
Each unit contains a lesson idea and interactive journal page for each unit outcome. There is also a design process/STEM activity in each unit.
These are the lessons/outcomes covered in this unit:
1. Unit title page idea
2. Write and illustrate important tree vocabulary
3. Describe how animals and humans use trees
4. Name products that are made from trees
5. List foods that come from trees
6. Label the parts of a tree
7. Sort leaves by colour, size, type, etc.
8. Go on a leaf hunt and describe the appearance of a leaf
9. Graph a set of leaves by colour
10. Describe the order of the four seasons
11. Sort activities based on the season we do them in
12. Compare trees that lose their leaves and trees that don't
13. Illustrate how a tree looks in all four seasons
14. Match the seeds with the trees they will grow into
15. Use classroom materials to design and build a model of a tree
Buy this unit separately or in a bundle with the other two units to save money: Kindergarten Interactive Science Journal Bundle
*Note* This unit comes bundled with two files now--a PDF version and an editable PowerPoint version. If you teach Science in another language (German or Spanish perhaps?) you can edit the text boxes on the student pages to meet your needs. The teacher information pages are not editable, but all the student pages are! You do need to have PowerPoint in order to edit the file.