Are you looking for a quick and simple way to assess your kindergarten students? These Rapid Results half page assessments are perfect for you! The kindergarten assessments were developed to provide you with an easy way to test your students on concepts they are required to learn.
How many assessments are included?
There are 143 ELA assessments in your download. Most skills have at least two options to choose from - this is especially helpful for when you need to retest students.
How will I keep track of the assessments given?
There are 4 language arts assessment tracking pages included for you to track each student individually. The tracking pages will help you see a quick overview of one students' progress across all skills assessed at one time.
Why do I need these assessments?
Assessing students is a necessary and tedious task in the classroom. These Rapid Results
assessments were created to make the task easier. Your students will be able to quickly show if they have mastered a skill or not - all you need to do is pull the assessment(s) that fit your needs!
Over 140 assessments! How will I keep everything organized?
I suggest printing all your assessments and placing them in a binder. Then as you are working on and assessing particular skills, you can pull the assessments you need to make copies.
I've used the assessment, now what?
It is always a good idea to keep assessments for your students to revisit for parent-teacher conferences, IEP meetings, etc. Once your student has completed an assessment, slip the half-page sheet into a folder designated for that student. Then when you are evaluating the needs of that students, you have all their past assessments in one place!
What skills are covered?
• Identify upper- and lower-case letters
• Form upper- and lower-case letters
• Capitalize the first letter in a sentence
• Use punctuation at the end of a sentence
• Demonstrate one-to-one correspondence between a spoken word and a printed word in text
• Recognize the difference between a letter and a printed word
• Recognize that sentences are comprised of words separated by spaces
• Hold a book right side up, turn its pages correctly, and know that reading moves from top to bottom and left to right
• Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book
• Write name
• Identify syllables in spoken words
• Orally generate rhymes in response to spoken words
• Distinguish orally presented rhyming pairs of words from non-rhyming pairs
• Recognize spoken alliteration
• Blend spoken onsets and rimes
• Blend spoken phonemes to form one-syllable words
• Isolate the initial sound in one-syllable spoken words
• Segment spoken one-syllable words into two or three phonemes
• Add or substitute individual sounds in words
• Associate long and short sounds for the five major vowels
• Identify the common sounds that letters represent
• Decode CVC words
• Decode CCVC words
• Decode CVCC words
• Recognize that new words are created when letters are changed, added, or deleted
• Identify and read sight words
• Form regular plural nouns by adding /s/ or /es/
• Predict what might happen next in text
• Respond to questions about text
• Identify setting, character, and key events
• Discuss the big idea
• Recognize sensory details
• Recognize recurring phrases and characters
• Retell a main event from a story read aloud
• Describe characters in a story and the reasons for their actions
• Identify the topic of an informational text
• Recognize that compound words are made up of shorter words
• Identify and sort pictures of objects into categories
• Understand and use prepositions
• Dictate or write sentences to tell a story in order
• Write a short poem
• Write lists
• Write captions
• Spell simple words phonetically
Do you have kindergarten assessments for math too?
Yes, you can get the Kindergarten Math Assessments
individually or purchase the Kindergarten Assessments Bundle
Do you have more resources that can be used through the entire year?
Yes, I have several resources that are designed to be used for the entire school year. By using these resources, your students become familiar with a format and find more success in their work.
★ Kindergarten Morning Work - Year Long Bundle
★ Kindergarten Math Journals Bundle
★ Graphing Activities for the Year
★ Write the Room for the Year
★ Writing Picture Prompts for the Year Bundle
★ Writing Station Bundle