Also included in
- Teachers will love the efficiency and students will love the engagement of this Kindergarten Math and Reading Back to School Centers and Activity Bundle. It combines three best-selling, engaging, ready-to-go curriculums into one money-save bundle! The best part of these activities is that they can b$35.98$59.97Save $23.99
Are you ready to teach your kindergarten students to master their letter sounds this back to school season? This BEST SELLING kindergarten low prep, ready-to-go letter sounds curriculum is full of activities for your literacy centers, small groups, or intervention lessons. It's versatile, engaging, and has been implemented in over 8000 classrooms across the world!
★ Click the PREVIEW button to see everything included ★
Whether you have students struggling with letter sound correspondence, or simply need a time saving curriculum to help you teach letter sound association in small groups, this best selling intervention curriculum promises to deliver.
However, teachers use it to support reading readiness in pre-K or K, for small group letter work activities, for ESL/ELL students, or for remediation in first grade. It's incredibly versatile, low prep, and has proven results - just look at the ratings and reviews to see!
There are 7 activities for each letter that are described in detail (with pictures) in the pack. Each activity provides students an opportunity to reinforce these letter sounds reading readiness skills.
- Focus Letter Mat (vowels in red, consonants in blue, each focus mat contains the upper- and lowercase letter and 3 labeled pictures that begin with the sound)
- Sound Warm Up (letter-sound correspondence fluency)
- Sound Off (student generated begining sound word list)
- Letter Sound Pictures (6 pictures for each letter with the first letter omitted; only 4 for X)
- Check Yourself (student self-assessment; saying picture name and identifying whether or not it begins with the focus letter)
- Listen Up (discriminating between words that begin with the focus letter and those that don't)
- Letter-Sound Assessment (cumulative assessment over learned skills)
- Suggestion for organization
- Sample lesson plan
- Data tracking sheet
Common Core Standard addressed:
ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3a - Demonstrate basic knowledge of letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or most frequent sound for each consonant
Please note that this packet focuses only on beginning sounds and the sound most commonly made by the letter (as stated by the standard). Only short vowel sounds are covered.
♥︎Teachers will love how easy these activities are to incorporate into an intervention or RTI lesson and the results they see in their students.
♥︎Students will love the variety of activities used to help them learn letter-sound correspondence so that they can move onto more complex phonics activities.
What teachers are saying about this resource...
"This is a fantastic resource. The kids love when I pull them to work on this. There is repetition for each letter, but the kids are finally learning their letters and sounds!!" -Kristina T.
"This unit has come in handy for the few that I have still struggling with letter sounds. I am using it along with your letter identification unit. You did a great job in organizing this for an easy set-up." - Shelly H.
Looking for more RTI curriculum? Check out the resources below!
★Don't forget to follow me on TpT!★ This is a great way to be the first to know when I post a new resource - often at a discounted rate for the first 48 hours! Plus, you'll get updates when I have sales, and receive weekly notes with fun freebies, activities, and tips!