Also included in
- Do you need hands-on kindergarten literacy centers that you can use at ANY TIME of the year? I created this set of year-long independent literacy centers for YOU! You will love these non-seasonal, low prep literacy center activities for your kindergarten class! Adorable themes keep students engage$25.50$45.00Save $19.50
These kindergarten literacy centers are hands-on learning that you can use at ANY TIME of the year. This set of sentence centers offers 10 individual practice sets for independent center time. You will love these non-seasonal, low prep activities!
Adorable themes keep students engaged but you don’t have to worry about matching your centers to seasonal themes.
Clear student directions with visual “I CAN” cards for each task will keep your students working independently during center time.
How do these kindergarten literacy centers differ from others? These literacy centers offer a multitude of ways to practice sentence writing and building. Each set will offer 8 - 12 hands-on tasks for the students to complete. Our goal here is to never hear, “I’m DONE!” during center time. We want to give students plenty of opportunities to build and practice sentence writing.
Additionally, these literacy centers are not tied to a season so you can rotate these short vowel word families literacy centers and anytime during your kindergarten year!
You may decide to have students spirally review sentence writing all year! These center activities will keep these essential kindergarten skills current and ongoing! Practice makes permanent!
Here is what you find in this set of 10 sentence centers for kindergarten.
- Each center has 8-12 questions that provide lots of practice!
- "I Can" card which provides visual directions that emergent readers can use independently
- Student response sheet
What are some other ways to use kindergarten literacy centers? These activities were created for kindergarten students to use during center time. However, you can also use them as morning work, small group instruction, interventions, or even an assessment! Some teachers send a set of centers home to be used as a homework activity.
This Kindergarten Literacy Center Pack Includes 10 fun and engaging kindergarten activities:
- Bookish Sentence Literacy Center - Match sentences with pictures
- Fruity Sentence Literacy Center - Match sentences with pictures
- Forrest Friends Sentence Literacy Center - Match sentences with pictures
- What I Like Sentence Literacy Center - Build sentences with picture cards
- Animals in Action Sentence Literacy Center - Build sentences with picture cards
- Bright Dinosaurs Sentence Literacy Center - Build sentences with picture cards
- Build it! Writing it! Sentence Literacy Center - Create sentences with picture cards (3 literacy center versions)
- Silly Sentence Literacy Center - Silly sentences with 30 word cards (nouns, verbs)
These literacy centers were created so they could be used at any time in the year. In other words, these literacy centers are not tied to a monthly theme. This will allow you to differentiate your center times.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you're ready for a fun and engaging class!
NOTE: These literacy centers are purposefully predictable! Once your kindergarten students understand the format of these activities, you can simply switch out the skill and you don’t need to reteach the activity! SCORE! (Go ahead… do the happy dance.)
Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
Print many upper- and lowercase letters.
Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Capitalize the first word in a sentence and the pronoun I
Recognize and name end punctuation.
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAY...
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica S. says, “I love that these are done by skill rather than by theme. I am excited to be able to find activities for rhyming (for example), that doesn't have to be used at a specific time of year. I can't wait to use them with my students this year.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ LeQuita G. says, “Easy to use consistently so you do not have to reteach every month.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer T. says, “Students loved the activities and I loved how it allows them to be independent :)”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Primary Sunshine says,“LOVE THESE!!! Easy to pull out and set up and my students can work independently on them. So great!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nancy S. says, “Another great resource to add to my centers! My Kinders will love the variety and I love how easy you make it to help them build their independence! ❤️”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kris J. says, “I was struggling to find resources to support my K-1 ELA students. This bundle was exactly what I needed! Every activity is engaging and purposeful. My kids LOVE the activities.”
Copyright © Deedee Wills
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.