This homework packet is intended for the month of March and is fully aligned to the Common Core State Standards. It is best sent out at the beginning of March and made to be due at the end of March. A parent or adult helper is required. Activities include:
1. Sentence writing with the inclusion of sight words and emphasis on a capital letter at the beginning of the sentence and a period at the end.
2. Creating a picture with the use of tangram pieces.
3. Substituting sounds to make new words
4. Counting on from a given number
5. Adding and subtracting within 5
6. Solving a math story problem using pictures, numbers, and words
7. Writing a story with a beginning, middle, and end
8. Oral counting
9. Opinion writing
10. Reading a story and identifying the beginning, middle, and end