Are you looking for a quick and simple way to assess your kindergarten students? These Rapid Results half page assessments are perfect for you! The kindergarten assessments were developed to provide you with an easy way to test your students on concepts they are required to learn.
How many assessments are included?
There are 185 math assessments in your download. Most skills have at least two options to choose from - this is especially helpful for when you need to retest students.
How will I keep track of the assessments given?
There are 3 math assessment tracking pages included for you to track each student individually. The tracking pages will help you see a quick overview of one students' progress across all skills assessed at one time.
Why do I need these assessments?
Assessing students is a necessary and tedious task in the classroom. These Rapid Results
assessments were created to make the task easier. Your students will be able to quickly show if they have mastered a skill or not - all you need to do is pull the assessment(s) that fit your needs!
Nearly 200 assessments! How will I keep everything organized?
I suggest printing all your assessments and placing them in a binder. Then as you are working on and assessing particular skills, you can pull the assessments you need to make copies.
I've used the assessment, now what?
It is always a good idea to keep assessments for your students to revisit for parent-teacher conferences, IEP meetings, etc. Once your student has completed an assessment, slip the half-page sheet into a folder designated for that student. Then when you are evaluating the needs of that students, you have all their past assessments in one place!
What skills are covered?
Counting and Cardinality
• Count forward and backward to 20
• Count to 100 by ones and tens
• Write numbers 0 to 20
• Represent a number of objects with a numeral 0-20
• Recognize the quantity of a small group instantly
• Count to answer “how many?”
• Given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects
• Identify whether the number of objects in one group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group
• Compare two numerals between 1 and 10
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Represent addition and subtraction
• Solve addition and subtraction word problems
• Add and subtract within 10
• Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 in more than one way
• Make 10 with numbers 1 to 9
• Fluently add and subtract within 5
Number and Operations
• Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into tens and ones
• Identify U.S. coins by name
Measurement and Data
• Describe measurable attributes of objects
• Compare objects using measurable attributes
• Collect, sort, and organize data into two or three categories
• Use data to create graphs
• Draw conclusions from graphs
• Name shapes
• Identify shapes as 2D or 3D
• Identify attributes of 2D shapes
• Analyze and compare 2D and 3D shapes
• Model shapes in the world
• Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes
Do you have kindergarten assessments for language arts too?
Yes, you can get the Kindergarten Language Arts Assessments
individually or purchase the Kindergarten Assessments Bundle
Do you have more resources that can be used through the entire year?
Yes, I have several resources that are designed to be used for the entire school year. By using these resources, your students become familiar with a format and find more success in their work.
★ Kindergarten Morning Work - Year Long Bundle
★ Kindergarten Math Journals Bundle
★ Graphing Activities for the Year
★ Write the Room for the Year
★ Writing Picture Prompts for the Year Bundle
★ Writing Station Bundle